Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Symphony of Salads


The Chef: Hilary and Valencia Whole Foods

The Menu: A big ol' salad with kale, grilled tofu, white beans, onions, peppers, sundried tomatoes, and pasta.

The Dish: Following up our 1000th (!!!) Café VegNews post yesterday, I went back to basics with a heaping salad from our favorite corner store, Valencia Whole Foods. It's been an exciting week with meetings, decisions, and holiday content-making  galore, so I opted for brain food. I'm also still in recovery mode from a Halloween weekend that may have bordered on (okay, dove right into) in excessive candy snacking. I've got to start making room for all of the undoubtedly amazing Thanksgiving cuisine heading our way in the coming weeks. I've already started getting pumped by fawning over Turkey Tuesdays! Be sure to check out our homepage every day this month for more of the season's best dishes, events, and activities. 

No comments: